GMCVO has partnered with NCVO to bring Evolve to Greater Manchester.
This one-day conference will focus on how the northern voluntary sector is responding and reacting creatively to current massive political, economic and social changes through practical action, mobilisation and completely new ideas.
The conference welcomes anyone from the voluntary sector, regardless of the size, shape and mission of your organisation, and also people from the public, private and academic sectors who are interested in the voluntary sector.
Whatever your interest in the voluntary sector, there will be something at this event that is relevant to you and your organisation. It will help you look to the future and you will gain relationships, ideas, knowledge, tools and support from a full programme of expert-led workshops.
• Alex Whinnom – GMCVO
• Sir Stuart Etherington – NCVO
• Professor Michael Parkinson CBE – Liverpool University
• How Operational Research can improve your organisation’s decision making – Graham Rand (Lancaster University), Jane Parkin (Independent O.R. Consultant) and Felicity McLeister (Pro Bono O.R. Project Manager)
• Crowdfunding – Anne Strachan, CrowdfundUK
• Health and Care: ensuring the voluntary sector understands where we are going – Nicola Onley, Healthier Together
• Changing Landscapes for the Third Sector – Rob McMillan, Third Sector Research Centre
• How to be innovative: learning from service innovation research – Ian Miles, Manchester Institute of Innovation Research
• Identifying hidden assets in a community – Jez Hall, Shared Future CIC and Muir Bottrill, Asha Project
• Can we make a difference? (campaigning) – Ben Gilchrist, Community Voluntary Action Tameside
• The good, the bad and the ugly: Community Partner Network – Kim Aumann, Community Partner, Co-Director BoingBoing and Susanne Martikke, Researcher, GMCVO
To book, please follow link below.
Friday, 13 June 2014