The Leadershipfreak Blog is one of the internet’s most visited blogs on Leadership. In this post, there’s a discussion of ten shifts in focus that managers need to make if they are to become effective leaders. None of them are difficult, but they do require effort and a shift in behaviour.
I wouldn’t like to prioritise any of them as they’re all important, but “Problems to solutions” fits with my “glass half full” perspective.
Top ten leadership shifts:
- Me to we – humility.
- Doing to delegating – letting go.
- Talk to action – initiative.
- Answers to questions – curiosity.
- Problems to solutions – optimism.
- Past to future – forward focus.
- Control to release – trust.
- Avoiding to addressing – courage.
- Urgent to important – priorities.
- Receiving to giving – service.