Yesterday, I ran a new workshop for the OR Society: Practical Process Improvement using Lean and Six Sigma. This provided an introduction to the tools and techniques for defining, measuring, analysing and improving business processes using methods from the Lean and 6-Sigma toolkits. You can view the slides below.
The Workshop’s Objectives:
- Explain how Lean and 6-Sigma differ, yet are complementary approaches for process improvement
- How to set-up and define a process improvement project
- How to use appropriate tools to map, measure and analyse business processes
- How to design a Lean, value-adding process
- How to engage key stakeholders and staff to ensure effective management of process change