FreeMind is a free mind-mapping software tool, written in Java. The latest version has turned it into a high productivity tool.
Possible uses of FreeMind include:
- Project Management: planning and keeping track of projects, including developing Work Breakdown Structures
- Building a Project knowledgebase, with links to files, sources of information and project documents
- Keeping a collection of notes with links on some notes which can be expanded as needed
- Planning Reports, using colours to show which sections are completed, not yet started etc.
- Keeping a small database of something with a structure that is either very dynamic, or not known in advance
- Brainstorming with images, icons, colours and fonts to help categorise ideas
Visit the FreeMind wiki.